A lot goes into moving. There are a lot of things to plan and prepare before the big day arrives. It can be difficult to stay on top of everything in the process. The Freeport movers at O’Mara Moving have been doing this for years and have developed a few tips and tricks along the way.
- Pack As You Go- From the moment you find out you’re moving until the day arrives, you should be packing. Start with out of season items and then go from least to most used. Color-code your boxes so you know where everything needs to be placed at the new home.
- Keep Necessities Separate- A great thing to do is to pack anything you might need for the first few days in the new home in your car. You will want to bring any electronics, chargers, medications and other personal belongings that you use on a daily basis.
- Transfer Everything- Before you move, be sure to end or transfer you utilities. You will also want to transfer any medical, school, or vet records and possibly switch banks. Don’t forget to change your address with the post office either.
- State Regulations- If you are making an interstate move, be sure to check any regulations on plants or pets. You will also want to be aware of how quickly you need to file residency and register your car.
- Make It Fun- Yes, there are a lot of things that need to get done, but this is also a great adventure. It’s a new beginning full of fun and opportunities!
When dealing with all the stress of a move, it helps if you have a team of movers you can rely on. Trust the top Freeport moving company, O’Mara Moving. Our professional movers have the experience and expertise you can depend on. Call or visit our website to learn more about our moving services and to get your FREE quote today!
Subscribe to O'Mara Moving and Storage's Blog