- Ask your real estate agent – Talk to your real estate agent and see if they are familiar with the company.
- Make sure the moving company visits your home for an “in home estimate” – Don’t trust a company that doesn’t want to do an in home estimate for your move. Although this typically results in a low estimate, you'll most likely get stuck with a large bill in the end.
- Investigate the company – Take a look at the company and its reviews. See if it is a BBB member and check its score.
- Ask they perform background and drug checks – This will tell you a lot because their employees will be the ones moving your belongings.
- Ask about the claims process – Ask how it works and see how open they are to talking about it.
- Be wary of internet movers – Deals that sound too go to be true are a red flag, along with companies that don’t have a physical location listed.
Subscribe to O'Mara Moving and Storage's Blog