Moving can be a very difficult event for every member of a family, even when you have a trustworthy Rockford long-distance moving company to make it easier. This is because it means leaving behind your home, community, and friends for an uncertain future. But there are a lot of ways that you can make the process of moving less stressful for you and your family. With this article, our Rockford long-distance movers will be sharing tips to help you minimize the stress of relocation on yourself, your loved ones, children, pets, and your plants.
Reducing Long-Distance Moving Stress on Yourself
During a long-distance relocation, there are so many ways that things could go wrong if you don't choose a reputable and experienced moving company. That's why you need to do your research to find a trustworthy long-distance moving company with positive online reviews and good professional designations or awards. With these online reviews from other people who have relocated as well as the awards from reputable associations or organizations, you can be sure that you're choosing the best movers for a hassle-free relocation.
Another way to reduce the stress of a long-distance move is by using the professional moving services provided by professional moving companies like O’Mara Moving & Storage. With the help of experienced professionals, the time and hassle involved in properly packing your belongings for transportation while protecting your fragile properties will be greatly reduced.
Reducing Long-Distance Moving Stress on Your Children
Long-distance relocations can be a very stressful experience for children if you don't handle it properly and help your kids feel more at ease with the changes that may come with your move. Some tips for reducing the stress of relocation on your children include:
- Breaking the news gently and making your child feel excited about this "new family adventure".
- Answering any questions your child may have about your new location (after doing the needed research).
- If your child is anxious about moving because of his or her friends, help your child realize that he can keep in touch with his or her old friends and make new friends.
- Allow your children to keep their favorite items in a backpack.
- Help your child say goodbye to his or her favorite places and people in your neighborhood.
- Maintain family routines like family nights and have fun exploring your new community with your children.
- Be patient with your children even if they are behaving differently.
Reducing Long-Distance Moving Stress on Your Pets
Just as you and your family members feel stressed about a move, your pets may also feel the same way. That’s why it is important to make the transition as safe and easy as possible. Some tips include:
- Keep your pet in a quiet room or with a friend before movers start to load up the truck with your belongings.
- Maintain your pet's daily routine as much as possible.
- Acclimatize your pet to crates or cars, depending on the means of transportation to be used during your big trip.
- Make sure that your pet meets all the necessary state entry requirements and local laws.
Reducing Long-Distance Moving Stress on Your Plants
Your pets are not the only ones that can feel stressed by a move. Your plants can also feel stressed. If you don’t take the necessary measures, your plant could die or suffer from environmental factors such as the wrong temperature, temperature extremes, darkness, etc.
A few tips for caring for your plants include transplanting your plants from expensive and fragile ceramic pots to plastic containers, providing the right environmental conditions and the appropriate amount of water. Another option would be getting your professional movers to handle moving your plant with their professional expertise.
Grab a Free Quote from Rockford’s Most Reputable Long-Distance Mover Today
If you need a stress-free long-distance relocation, you want to hire reliable Rockford long-distance movers—O’Mara Moving & Storage. As an agent for North American Van Lines, we can provide you with the resources and expertise needed for an easy, smooth, and hassle-free long-distance move. With our team of highly skilled movers, you enjoy:
- Custom Crating of Fragile Items
- Flexible Storage Options
- Padding/Wrapping of Furniture
- Full-Service Packing
- Debris Removal
- And More
To get started with your worry-free move, call O’Mara Moving & Storage today for a free in-home consultation. Or fill out our brief online form to grab a free estimate for your Rockford long-distance relocation.
Subscribe to O'Mara Moving and Storage's Blog